Citipointe Performance Activities
Citipointe offers parents the opportunity to have their student individually tutored in a wide range of solo, and orchestral instruments. Payment is direct to the tutors. All Citipointe students in Years 3 and 5 have tutoring in a band or orchestral instrument, at no additional cost, as a component of curriculum music in order to help them and their parents discover whether they have an interest or talent in a performance instrument.
In addition to individual instruction, Citipointe students have the opportunity to join a variety of ensembles, directed by dedicated and enthusiastic staff and tutors. This adds another dimension to their experience and enjoyment of performance music, exposing them to styles of music not necessarily part of their normal experience, and broadening their cultural appreciation.
Some benefits of joining an ensemble may include:
- Belonging to a respected group in the College
- Being part of a team
- Developing leadership skills
- Developing the concept of commitment
- Developing the joy of performance and participation
- Enhancing self discipline & concentration skills
- Developing time management skills
- Increasing personal responsibility
- Developing self confidence
- Gaining a lifetime skill
- Increasing vocational value
- Learning to express oneself through performance
Through performance Citipointe students may develop their creativity and talents, and this may require commitment above and beyond the normal activities of the core curriculum. Production provides real-life experiences incorporating the various Arts genre available to the College.