Students from Years 2 – 6 have one art lesson per week, most of which are linked to the students’ unit work.
Students study a different artist each term as well as build upon knowledge of the art elements and principles from previous years.
Different art media is used each term to complete drawings, paintings, sculpture and printmaking.
Lunchtimes are also a very busy place in the art room. Art club is offered to Years 5 and 6 students who have a passion for art. It is an opportunity for them to experience different art projects that are beyond the scope of class time. Lunchtimes may also be spent on class work for the students who like to spend or need the extra time.
Visual Arts Objective:
- To give students the opportunity to grow, develop and express themselves through visual art.
- To deepen their relationship with their Creator by using their creative abilities as an act of worship, as a form of witness and as an exploration of their faith.
- To develop versatile, creative thinkers who can interpret visual symbols in our visual society.
- To create flexible students who have the capacity to problem solve through exploring, experimenting and discovering.
- To be given the opportunity to communicate non-verbally through the use of 2D and 3D media while developing a repertoire of skills and a deeper understanding of visual art through which to create a solid creative foundation.